Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sundays

Sunday is easily my favorite day of the week. The only thing that would make it better is if it wasn't directly followed by Monday.  I didn't get to sleep in until 10:30 today but here are some highlights:


Went to church, saw friends, met more people.
Made tacos and ate with the roomies on the porch (a favorite Sunday tradition)
Drove up to Sundance and took family pics with the roomies.  The leaves up there are BEAUTIFUL!
Ate Nutella crepes
Grabbed a blanket and ran to the porch to watch the rainstorm that had started
Moved to the couch when too much of the rain was getting on me
Hot chocolate and reading a weathered copy of "Jane Eyre"

I sure do love my once-a-week rest from worldly cares.It's been a good weekend, I've spent a lot of time with my roommates getting to know them better and feel more comfortable around them and just having fun together.  We cleaned and rearranged our house so that it is cuter and feels more like home than ever.  I think we have a good year ahead of us!

                                  (I just got my hair cut yesterday and am still trying to figure it out, please excuse it)
   
PS Today I am thankful for:

-Rainy afternoons
-Friendly people
-Being at peace (if only on a temporary basis)
-The way the examples and words of others come into my life right at the perfect time to point me in the direction I need to go
-That I have so much more in my life than just the absolute basics I would need to get by, and even the absolute basics are so much more than what others around the world have
                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment